The 2018 SITE Outstanding Service Award was presented to David Gibson and Leping Liu at the 29th annual SITE conference in Washington DC for their service as editors of the SITE Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education annual book.
The 2016 SITE Outstanding Service Award was presented to Glen Bull and Lynn Bell at the 27th annual SITE conference in Austin, Texas for serving as the founding editors of the CITE Journal.
The 2012 SITE Outstanding Service Award was presented to Roberta K. Weber at the 23rd annual SITE conference in Austin, Texas.
Announcement & Request for Nominations
Deadline for Nominations: End of the Second Call for Papers
Awarded by: Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE)
Nominations are sought for the SITE Award for Outstanding Service associated with information technology and teacher education. Nominations will be reviewed in odd years, from 2011 onwards.
The SITE Outstanding Global Educator Award was established in 2011 to recognize and encourage outstanding service to the SITE community, organization and its members.
Award winners are recognized as outstanding service leaders
The SITE Consultative Council, is seeking nominations for leaders who qualify for the Service Award.
The nomination must show outstanding evidence in the following areas:
- Service to and impact on SITE
- Is a member in good standing with SITE for several years
- Has served or is serving in numerous organizational capacities
- Gives tirelessly and seeks solutions and improvements that advance the organization
- Makes important contributions to the society, to its base of knowledge, and its professional standing among associations
- Is a model member who leads by example, and whose service continues to positively impact others
Nominations are reviewed by the SITE Outstanding Awards Committee, which is a subcommittee of the SITE Consultative Council and is chaired by a member of that Council. The chair of the Consultative Council receives the recommendations of the SITE Outstanding Awards Committee and may support their recommendations to the SITE President, who makes the final decision on SITE awards. The recommendation may be to make no award for that year.
Please provide the following:
- Name of nominator, with full details of affiliation(s) and email address
- Nominee, with full details of name, affiliation(s) and email address. Self nominations are not accepted
- A descriptive of between 250 and 750 words suitable for a press release describing the nominee’s outstanding service to SITE
- Contact details for two SITE member referrals, with emails, who will support the nomination.
Submit the nomination via the SITE conference proposal system.
Select for Presentation Type: “SITE Outstanding Service Award Nomination” and paste into Abstract the first paragraph of your nomination. In addition, please upload the nomination file containing the complete nomination information.