Half-Off Tickets for the National World War II Museum
- Enjoy discounted tickets to the museum.
- Visit anytime: Open 7days/week, 9 am – 5 pm
- Purchase tickets online before conference or from the SITE Registration desk
Offering a compelling blend of sweeping narrative and poignant personal detail, The National WWII Museum features immersive exhibits, multimedia experiences, STEAM activities, and an expansive collection of artifacts and first-person oral histories, taking visitors inside the story of the war that changed the world. Beyond the galleries, the Museum’s online collections, virtual field trips, webinars, educational travel programs, and renowned International Conference on World War II offer patrons new ways to connect to history and honor the generation that sacrificed so much to secure our freedom.
No schedule or group meetups needed: the museum is walking distance to the Marriott, so attendees can enjoy this amazing learning experience at their leisure during or after the busy conference schedule! Ticket is valid for 1 entry.
Trivia Night at SITE
April 6, Time TBA
- Test your knowledge or your guessing skills at a fun, fast-paced live trivia night! Free to attend.
- Enjoy food & drinks and prizes!
- More details coming soon.
Tuesday & Wednesday
April 7 & 8, 9:45 AM – 10:45 AM
- We’re glad you’re here! Join us at the Newcomer Welcome session held Tuesday & Wednesday at 9:45 AM for a fun and interactive event that will get you acquainted with SITE! Hosted by SITE Executive Committee members.
Special Interest Group Meetings
Tuesday & Wednesday
April 7 & 8, 12:45 – 1:45 PM
- Join a group at SITE dedicated to one of the information technology or teacher education topics covered throughout the conference.
- Free to attend. Please be sure to sign in to your SIG when you arrive.
New Orleans Mardi Gras Theme Welcome Party!
April 7, 6:30-8:30 PM
- All attendees & a guest welcome to join as we welcome you to SITE 2020 in beautiful New Orleans!
- Enjoy live local music, drinks, mingling, and hors d’oeuvres!
- Be sure to pop into the SITE photo booth!
Posters & Demonstrations
April 8, 5:45 PM – 7:00 PM
- Informal and popular venue for exchanging ideas!
- All attendees welcome to enjoy snacks and cash bar.
Bowling Night at Fulton Alley
April 9, 7:00-9:00 PM
- Come hit the lanes with all your SITE friends and colleagues!
- Enjoy bowling, pool, darts, and other games as well as a snazzy bar and indoor/outdoor lounge space, all located just a few blocks from the conference.
- Tickets: $25 per person. Price includes drinks, food, private lounge and game area, bowling lanes and shoe rental.
- Check out the venue here!
Closing Happy Hour & Invitation to SITE 2021!
April 10, 12:30 – 1:30 PM
- Joins us to wrap up SITE 2020 and invite you to next year’s conference in beautiful San Diego!