Journal of Online Learning Research (JOLR)
Seeks New Co-Editor
Applications Due: September 21, 2021
The Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) Journal Search Committee invites nominations and applications for a qualified individual to serve as co-Editor of the Journal of Online Learning Research.
JOLR is a peer-reviewed publication devoted to the theoretical, empirical, and pragmatic understanding of technologies and their impact on pedagogy and policy in primary and secondary (K-12) online and blended environments.
JOLR was established in 2014 and is published by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)The journal is open source and free, online access to all issues of JOLR is available via LearnTechLib – The Learning & Technology Library. It produces approximately 3-4 issues per year, and its current acceptance rate is approximately 25%.
The search committee seeks a broad-based experienced scholar to serve as a co-editor while striving to maintain JOLR’s rigor in publishing cutting-edge, high-quality research.
The new editor(s) will begin on October 1, 2022, and will serve for an initial term of three years.
The new co-editor will have the opportunity to shadow the outgoing editors prior to the transition.
The responsibilities of the editor(s) include:
- Overseeing and managing a rigorous review process, making final decisions on acceptance and rejection of articles
- Demonstrating a strong knowledge of the field (K-12 online/blended learning)
- Providing guidance to authors for preparing and submitting manuscripts
- Writing editorials to accompany selected issues
- Meeting publication deadlines
- Leading and attending meetings as needed
- Recruiting JOLR Editorial Review Board members and reviewers
- Promoting the journal and recruiting manuscripts as needed
- Attending the annual SITE conference (April) and the annual National Technology Leadership Summit (NLTS) (September)
- Participating in SITE Executive Board meetings (electronically or in-person)
- Collaborating with other SITE and/or AACE Editors as appropriate (e.g. Contemporary Issues in Technology in Education (CITE), Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE), etc.)
Desired qualifications for this position include:
- Demonstrated successful editorial experience, including strong copy-editing skills
- Ability to oversee and manage rigorous review process and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively, including a history of working with SITE/NTLS communities
- Track record of substantial publications in high quality, peer-reviewed journals
- Extensive experience as a reviewer for journals and conferences
- National reputation or growing national reputation in the field
Review of applications will begin September 1, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
Applications in PDF format submitted to the link on https://forms.gle/os1BeJFJwUF6jY2x9, should include the following items:
- A statement of interest outlining the applicant’s qualifications, reasons for seeking the position, and overall vision as editor of JOLR
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information, including rank, affiliation, email address, and phone number, for three references who can speak to your qualifications as a potential journal editor.
SITE and AACE will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Appointment decisions will be on the basis of qualifications, merit, and need.
Please forward this position announcement to any potential candidates you recommend!