Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE) Seeks New Editor
Applications Due: November 1, 2019
The Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) Journal Search Committee invites nominations and applications for a qualified individual(s) to serve as Editor of the Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE).
JTATE was established in 1992 as the flagship journal of SITE and is published by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). The committee seeks a broad-based experienced scholar(s) to serve as Editor(s) while striving to maintain JTATE’s rigor in publishing cutting-edge, high-quality research.
JTATE is a peer-reviewed publication of SITE and serves as an international forum for the exchange of knowledge about the use of information technology in teacher education. Its content covers preservice and inservice teacher education, graduate programs, educational administration, and professional development around instructional technology. The journal also encourages critical thought around innovative research and pedagogies, cutting-edge technologies, and policy-related topics impacting the field. The journal’s primary function is to investigate and promote research and issues in technology and teacher education that advance the field.
The current acceptance rate for JTATE is between 7-9%. SITE members have free, online access to all back issues of JTATE via LearnTechLib – The Learning & Technology Library. The journal is indexed by Scopus, Educational Research Abstracts, ERIC, Index Copernicus, GetCited, Google Scholar, Journal Seek, Microsoft Academic Search, Bacon’s Media Directory, Cabell’s, Ulrich, and several others.
The new editor(s) will begin on April 1, 2020, and the initial term is three years.
The new editor(s) will have the opportunity to shadow the outgoing editor prior to the April transition. The editor(s) is responsible for producing four issues of JTATE each year. Funding is available to hire managerial support (e.g., graduate student hourly support).
The responsibilities of the editor(s) include:
- Overseeing and managing a rigorous review process, making final decisions on acceptance and rejection of articles
- Providing guidance to authors for preparing and submitting manuscripts
- Writing editorials to accompany selected volumes
- Meeting publication deadlines
- Leading online and in-person meetings (e.g., review board, advisory board)
- Working closely with the Editorial Review Board and International Advisory Board
- Recruiting Editorial Review Board members
- Promoting the journal as a leading tool for researchers and practitioners
- Shaping the direction of the journal
- Attending the annual SITE conference
- Attending the annual National Technology Leadership Summit (NLTS)
- Participating in SITE Executive Board meetings (electronically or in-person)
- Collaborating with other SITE and/or AACE Editors as appropriate (e.g. Contemporary Issues in Technology in Education (CITE), Journal of Online Learning Research (JOLR), etc.)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Track record of substantial publications related to technology and teacher education in quality, peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience as a reviewer for journals and conferences.
- Demonstrated editorial experience.
- Rank at tenured associate or full professor (for lead editor if serving with an editorial team).
- International reputation in the field.
Applications, due November 1, 2019 in PDF format emailed to Dr. Denise A. Crawford, SITE President, (email@example.com), should include:
- Cover letter that includes a statement outlining the applicant’s qualifications, reasons for seeking the position, and overall vision as editor of JTATE
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information, including rank, affiliation, email address, and phone number, for three references who can speak to your qualifications as a potential journal editor.
SITE and AACE will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Appointment decisions will be on the basis of qualifications, merit, and need.
Please forward this position announcement to any potential candidates you recommend.