The Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) is committed to protecting the privacy of its members, customers, and website users. SITE recognizes the interest of its members, customers, and website users in the confidentiality of their personal information. SITE only maintains personal information that is relevant to SITE activities and seeks to maintain accurate, complete, and timely information.
The security of personal information is important to SITE. SITE maintains all personal data with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. No computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. SITE provides reasonable and appropriate security controls to protect personal information against foreseeable hazards.
SITE does not sell, rent, or exchange email addresses of its members, customers, and website users.
SITE uses email addresses to send the following:
- “Must Have” messages that help to service SITE members, customer, and website users including answers to questions; acknowledgments of the receipt of membership/subscription applications, renewal notices, and other orders.
- Occasional “Member, Customer, & Website User Update” announcements about SITE services that we believe to be of some importance these groups. These announcements are usually brief, straightforward messages that contain pointers to online resources where readers can explore the information more fully.
- Email messaging that is part of a program for which the user has registered (e.g. an SITE Digital Library Table of Contents Alert email).
- Email distribution lists targeted at SITE groups (e.g. specific conference attendees or journal subscribers, etc.).
- SITE created and supported email distribution lists such as the Eductech listserv have “unsubscribe” instructions.
Postal Mail Policy
SITE uses member and customer postal addresses to mail SITE related information that fall into categories #1 and #2 above.
The names and mailing addresses of members may be occasionally rented to outside organizations for the purposes of sending mailing packages that have been carefully screened by authorized SITE staff for their suitability. Materials must be of an educational nature for SITE to rent its list. SITE licenses mailing list usage for one-time only–the standard mailing list rental practice, and renters are asked to sign their agreement to this practice. SITE does not rent telephone or email addresses.