SITE 2023 Final Call For Proposals: January 2, 2023
SITE 2023 is the 34th annual conference of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education. This society represents individual teacher educators and affiliated organizations of teacher educators in all disciplines, who are interested in the creation and dissemination of knowledge about the use of information technology in teacher education and faculty/staff development.
SITE is unique as the only organization which has as its sole focus the integration of instructional technologies into teacher education programs. SITE promotes the development and dissemination of theoretical knowledge, conceptual research, and professional practice knowledge through conferences, books, projects, and the Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE).
You are invited to attend and participate in this annual international forum which offer numerous opportunities to share your ideas, explore the research, development, and applications, and to network with the leaders in this important field of teacher education and technology.
ABOUT OUR LIVE + VIRTUAL PRESENTATION FORMAT:
Spaces for the Live face-to-face conference and our online Live presentations are very limited. Preferential scheduling will be given to confirmed F2F presentations, as the conference is taking place primarily as a Live F2F conference. A limited number of Live virtual presentations will be accepted and/or scheduled.
Hundreds of presentations in 30+ major topic areas!
The Conference Review Policy requires that each proposal will be peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers for inclusion in the conference program, and conference proceedings.
SITE is the premiere international conference in this field and annually attracts more than 1,300 leaders in the field from over 60 countries.
The SITE Conference is designed for:
- Teacher educators in ALL disciplines
- Computer technology coordinators
- K-12 administrators
- Curriculum developers
- All interested in improving education through technology
The Conference invites proposals from the introductory through advanced level on all topics related to:
- the use of information technology in teacher education, and
- instruction about information technology in
- Graduate Teacher Education
- Faculty & Staff Development
Proposals which address the theory, research and applications as well as describe innovative projects are encouraged.
The Technical Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
- Keynote Speakers
- Invited Panels/Speakers
- Papers (If there is a Final Call, a limited number of Full Papers will be accepted for this Call.)
- Corporate Showcases & Demonstration
- Virtual Papers
Presentations are invited from participants with interest in Information Technology and Teacher Education and areas.
A variety of opportunities such as Corporate Showcases (30 minutes) and Corporate Demonstrations (2-hours, scheduled with the Poster/Demos) are available to present research-oriented papers, or to showcase and market your products and services.
Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Conference Proceedings and internationally distributed via the online LearnTechLib – Learning and Technology Library, sponsored by AACE. This Proceedings serves as a major source document indicating the current state of the teacher education and information technology.
Each Conference registrant will receive permanent online access to the Conference Proceedings. Selected papers may be invited for publication in AACE’s respected journals especially in the Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE).
All presented papers will be considered for Best Paper Awards within several categories. Award winning papers may be invited for publication in the Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE) or Contemporary Issues in Technology & Teacher Education (CITE).
In consideration of presenters who may be unable to attend SITE in person due to funding or time constraints, Virtual Presentations have been added to the program with the same validity (publication, certification, etc.) as the face-to-face (F2F) conference and with the capability to interact with session participants.
Why a Virtual Presentation?
- Saves money. No travel, accommodation, and restaurant costs
- Saves time. No travel or away time required
- Present either live streamed virtually to San Diego or asynchronously at your convenience
- Same validity as the face-to-face (F2F) conference (publication, certification, etc.)
- Paper published in LearnTechLib proceedings
- Publish and share all supporting media (PPT, video, etc.) in the LearnTechLib proceedings
- Capability to interact with your session’s participants live and/or asynchronously prior to, during and after the event
- Participate in all conference session discussions live and/or asynchronously
- Viewing of keynote and invited speaker talks
- Virtual presentations are green and reduce your carbon footprint
- And more…
After submitting your proposal by the deadline, use the menu at Submission and select “Add Files to Submission” to upload your PowerPoint file in PPT or PPTX format (without audio or video). Also, at least one author must confirm by registering by the Early Registration deadline.
The registration fee for Virtual Presenters includes:
- Paper processing and publication in the LearnTechLib proceedings.
- Capability to interact with your session’s participants (async) prior to, during and after the event.
- Technical support for online presentation platform.
- Access to Keynote & Invited Speaker talks.
- Access to all conference session discussions (async).
- Viewing of keynote and invited speaker talks.
- Proceedings access via the LearnTechLib