Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
- Conference Location: The conference will be located within the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina. This venue dazzles guests with waterfront views, sophisticated accommodations and four-star amenities. Benefiting from an excellent location on Harbor Island, our resort places the best of San Diego nearby; enjoy proximity to downtown, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Zoo and Petco Park. Arrive via a complimentary shuttle from San Diego International Airport and refresh in our light-filled accommodations, each featuring its own private balcony or patio, plus signature Sheraton amenities. There are waterside fire pits and three outdoor pools – each with a unique personality. The hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego.
- Special Hotel Rates: SITE participants will be offered discounted room rates at the conference hotel from April 10-April 15. Reservations due by MArch 15, 2022. The Hotel confirms the following guest room rates subject to availability:
Marina Tower (4 guests max) $189
- Resort fees: A resort fee of $19.00 per room/night will be added to the room rates above. This fee includes:
- In-room High Speed Internet Access
- Local and long-distance calls
- Access to the hotel tennis facility
- One-hour bicycle, kayak, or stand-up paddleboard per day
- AIR: San Diego International Airport is located approx. 10 minutes from the conference hotel. Most major international airlines operate from SAN.
- GROUND: The hotel provides a free shuttle service to and from the airport. Many companies provide taxicab service at San Diego International Airport. If you need a taxi, simply follow the signs leading to the Transportation Plazas. A Customer Service Representative will place you with the first available taxi, unless you specify a particular taxicab company. All car rental pick-ups and drop-offs for rental car companies serving San Diego International Airport occur at the Consolidated Rental Car Center. Free dedicated shuttle busses run continually to ferry customers between the airport terminals and the Rental Car Center.
- VISA Process: While AACE can provide registered attendees with a letter of invitation to use with your visa application paperwork.
San Diego is a beautiful city on the Pacific coast of California known for its beaches, parks and warm climate. There’s so much to explore! Some of our recommendations include:
- USS Midway Museum – Located in downtown San Diego, the USS Midway (Museum) was America’s longest-serving aircraft carrier of the 20th century. Today, the interactive museum is an unforgettable adventure for the entire family as guests walk in the footsteps of the 225,000 young men who served on Midway. Visitors explore a floating city at sea, the amazing flight deck and its 29 restored aircraft, flight simulators, and more. Visiting Midway is a once-in-a-lifetime experience in San Diego, known around the world as “Navy Town, USA.”
- San Diego Zoo – The world famous San Diego Zoo is a non-profit wildlife sanctuary home to more than 3,500 rare and endangered animals representing more than 650 species and subspecies, and a prominent botanical collection with more than 700,000 exotic plants. It is located just north of downtown San Diego in Balboa Park. San Diego Zoo Global is a not-for-profit organization that operates the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, the San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research, and the San Diego Zoo Global Wildlife Conservancy.
- Balboa Park – One of the most popular urban parks in the United States, this bucolic paradise is packed with an array of attractions, including the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
- La Jolla Cove – San Diego’s most desirable spot for swimming, diving and snorkeling. The water is calm and the cove is ecologically protected. There is also a world famous dive site that is located in the La Jolla ecological preserve.
- Whale Watching & Wildlife Cruises – Get the chance to spot whales and other marine life with many whale-watching tours available. Set sail, keeping a close eye on the waters for whales and other marine life, including dolphins and seals. Local guides help visitors find whales and teach you about their behavior.
Recommendations Coming Soon!
** Some photos courtesy of Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina.