Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
We are so excited to be back in person and on location with you in San Diego!! The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina will ensure the conference meets safely and that all local, national, and hotel guidelines for health and safety are upheld.
- Sheraton’s Stay Safe Initiative for Guests & Guest Rooms
- Marriott’s Commitment to Clean Initiative for Events & Meeting Spaces
*NOTE: These health and safety measures may be updated as the conference date approaches.
- Conference Location: The conference will be located within the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina. This venue dazzles guests with waterfront views, sophisticated accommodations and four-star amenities.
Benefiting from an excellent location on Harbor Island, our resort places the best of San Diego nearby; enjoy proximity to downtown, Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Zoo and Petco Park. Arrive via a complimentary shuttle from San Diego International Airport and refresh in our light-filled accommodations, each featuring its own private balcony or patio, plus signature Sheraton amenities.There are waterside fire pits and three outdoor pools – each with a unique personality. The hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego.
- Special Discounted Hotel Rates: SITE participants will be offered discounted room rates at the conference hotel from April 10-April 15. !!! Reservations due by APRIL 1, 2022. !!!
The Hotel confirms the following guest room rates subject to availability:
Marina Tower (4 guests max)
- Resort fees: A resort fee of $19.00 per room/night will be added to the room rates above. This fee includes:
- In-room High Speed Internet Access
- Local and long-distance calls
- Access to the hotel tennis facility
- One-hour bicycle, kayak, or stand-up paddleboard per day
- AIR: San Diego International Airport is located approx. 10 minutes from the conference hotel. Most major international airlines operate from SAN.
- GROUND: The hotel provides a free shuttle service to and from the airport. Many companies provide taxicab service at San Diego International Airport. If you need a taxi, simply follow the signs leading to the Transportation Plazas. A Customer Service Representative will place you with the first available taxi, unless you specify a particular taxicab company. All car rental pick-ups and drop-offs for rental car companies serving San Diego International Airport occur at the Consolidated Rental Car Center. Free dedicated shuttle busses run continually to ferry customers between the airport terminals and the Rental Car Center.
- VISA Process: While AACE can provide registered attendees with a letter of invitation to use with your visa application paperwork.
Attractions & Family Fun
San Diego is a beautiful city on the Pacific coast of California known for its beaches, parks and warm climate. With near perfect weather year-round, 70 miles of spectacular coastline, world-class attractions and a thriving urban core, complete with a sophisticated art, dining and nightlife scene, San Diego has earned the name California’s beach city. It’s also an incredibly family friendly city
After a day at the beach or other outdoor adventure, head to the party downtown at one of the sizzling nightclubs or rooftop restaurants. If art and culture is your passion, you’ll find an exciting hub of creativity in San Diego. Often referred to as the “Smithsonian of the West,” Balboa Park features 17 museums, numerous galleries and performing arts venues as well as the San Diego Zoo.
It’s hard to find a better destination for families. Whether you love engaging with animals or thrill rides, building sandcastles or beach bonfires, there’s plenty to entertain the entire family from sun up to sun down. What a better way to spend your Spring Break or a fun family vacation!
Bring your family to SITE and make it a trip to remember! Some of our activity recommendations include:
- San Diego Zoo – The world famous San Diego Zoo is a non-profit wildlife sanctuary home to more than 3,500 rare and endangered animals representing more than 650 species and subspecies, and a prominent botanical collection with more than 700,000 exotic plants. It is located just north of downtown San Diego in Balboa Park. San Diego Zoo Global is a not-for-profit organization that operates the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, the San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research, and the San Diego Zoo Global Wildlife Conservancy.
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park – Formerly known as the Wild Animal Park, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is an extraordinary experience—an up-close chance to experience wild nature at its best. Throughout the 1,800 acre preserve, animals from Africa and Asia roam freely over vast expanses of land as they would in their native habitats. Take the Africa Tram Safari for an exciting expedition and guided tour of rhinos, giraffes, antelope, gazelles and more that inhabit this unique field exhibit. Located just 30 miles northeast of downtown in San Diego’s north inland region, it’s an easy drive to the sprawling park in pretty San Pasqual Valley. Wear comfortable walking shoes and plan on a full day of exploration, so you can watch a cheetah run at full speed, come face to face with an African lion or gaze up at majestic eagles, noble owls and rare Andean condors.
- LEGOLAND California – LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre theme park located 35 minutes north of San Diego. The park features more than 60 interactive attractions, shows and rides. Some are even “kid powered,” all geared toward families with children 2 to 12 years old. The adjacent LEGOLAND Water Park has seven slides and a lazy river where you can build your own LEGO-themed raft. While at SEA LIFE™ Aquarium, guests can view undersea creatures like sea stars, sharks and stingrays! To get the full LEGO experience, as well as an early start for your day of park fun, spend the night at the nation’s first LEGOLAND Hotel, featuring 250 LEGO-themed rooms.
- SeaWorld San Diego is home to world-class animal shows, presentations and exhibits, spread out on beautiful Mission Bay Park. Stroll through over 100 acres of beautiful outdoor grounds on Mission Bay as you enjoy world-class educational presentations, exciting seasonal events, animals and more! With plenty of outdoor seating, you’ll have room to enjoy a wide variety of artisanal dishes along with local craft beers, signature cocktails, and wine. With limited capacity, physical distancing, increased cleaning and sanitation, and more, it’s a great time to get back to making memories with your friends and family at SeaWorld. Make sure to purchase your tickets today!
- Day Trip to Disneyland – Take a day off before or after the conference and visit the happiest place on Earth! Just 90 minutes from downtown San Diego, you can reach the Magic Kingdom by car or by train. After a dazzling day of rides and recreation, magic and memories, return to San Diego’s laid-back lifestyle and relaxing beaches.
NOTE: Please be aware that until further clarification from the state, currently only California residents may visit the parks at this time. We hope that prior to the 2022 conference, this will change. Please check Disneyland’s site and reopening information regularly as the conference approaches.
- USS Midway Museum – Located in downtown San Diego, the USS Midway (Museum) was America’s longest-serving aircraft carrier of the 20th century. Today, the interactive museum is an unforgettable adventure for the entire family as guests walk in the footsteps of the 225,000 young men who served on Midway. Visitors explore a floating city at sea, the amazing flight deck and its 29 restored aircraft, flight simulators, and more. Visiting Midway is a once-in-a-lifetime experience in San Diego, known around the world as “Navy Town, USA.”
- Sailing & Sunset Tours – Whether you go sailing in the bay, out in the open Pacific Ocean or even both, this is agreat way to see the sights of historic San Diego from a different point of view. Typically, these moments in the day will be associated with great wind, blue skies, warmer weather, and active wildlife. Sailing can be as relaxing or as exhilarating as you wish. Cathc the waves or cruise into the sunset! (There are many vendors for sailing and we recommend you research the best fit for your needs.)
- La Jolla Cove – San Diego’s most desirable spot for swimming, diving and snorkeling. The water is calm and the cove is ecologically protected. There is also a world famous dive site that is located in the La Jolla ecological preserve.
- Balboa Park – One of the most popular urban parks in the United States, this bucolic paradise is packed with an array of attractions, including the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
- Whale Watching & Wildlife Cruises – Get the chance to spot whales and other marine life with many whale-watching tours available. Set sail, keeping a close eye on the waters for whales and other marine life, including dolphins and seals. Local guides help visitors find whales and teach you about their behavior.
Our conference hotel boasts several fantastic options for dining or grabbing a snack. Check out the list of hotel hot spots here.
San Diego boasts and incredibly diverse food scene and we feel confident you’ll enjoy finding the best bites the city has to offer. Here are a few helpful guides to the top noshes in San Diego: